"Psychic" is a term used loosely to describe humans who have-- or to describe abnormal abilities and/or senses that most human beings should not possess. This could be anything from being able to see cinematic records to telekinesis. This isn't to say that supernatural beings cannot possess psychic abilities, but emphasis should be placed on the fact that it is not to be confused with magic, which only supernaturals can wield.
Psychics, particularly more powerful ones, are typically born with their abilities, although they can be artificially induced through various means. Poking and prodding at the brain and drilling holes in the skull are the most common methods of doing this, but magic can grant a person psychic abilities as well, as in the case of Paul Blackwood.
Most people with psychic abilities aren't aware that they have them, as that is simply their reality and the way that they perceive the world. Because there is no other point of reference, it is hard to tell, especially if one believes that psychics just consist of people who can move things with their minds or see into the future. Most people tend to feel as though they don't quite qualify. For example: Ciel Phantomhive could see cinematic records in his youth as a human boy, but he would have never considered himself to be "psychic". However, he would no longer qualify, as that ability is now perfectly normal for his new species.
Known Psychic Abilities Edit
- Clairvoyance - The ability to perceive person, object, location, and physical events through extrasensory perception.
- Clairolfactance - The ability to access knowledge through smell.
- Clairaudience - The ability to acquire information by paranormal auditory means.
- Telekinesis - The ability to physically move objects with one's will
- Ability to see cinematic records
- Mind Control
- Ability to see past supernatural or magic disguises
- Foresight/Precognition - The ability to see future events
- Lucid Dreaming - Dream manipulation
Known Psychics in DLTD Edit
- Paul Blackwood
- Ciel Phantomhive (human)